Big Y Group asked DLA+ to design its sixth restaurant. The concept is a high end Mediterranean Restaurant, which incorporates a large bar with strong visual curb appeal, an open kitchen, operable doors and windows that connect to the square and a large sidewalk dining area.
- TOP PROJECTS
- 9th and Penn Building
- Clarion University Tippin Gymnasium & Natatorium Renovation
- SouthSide Works Office Building
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls
- Monongalia County Ballpark
- Petersen Sports Complex Addition
- Berks Campus Beaver Community Center Study
- Penn State Bryce Jordan Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- 2016 MBA Building Excellence Award: New Construction Under $10 Million
- The Big Y Group
- Interior Design
- Construction Administration
- Completion Date
- October 2015
- Project Size
- 9,550 SF
Project Challenges and Outcomes
Develop a new concept restaurant for the Big Y Group’s sixth restaurant, a Mediterranean Restaurant, and re-invigorate this space on the corner of busy downtown square.
Located on the corner of the ground floor of Two PPG Place in the busy Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh, the design of the new restaurant plays a role in re-energizing a space that had long been considered a dead corner of the building. The design for POROS incorporates features that are important and expected by consumers in a high-end establishment. The most important aspect of the design is the outdoor space creating strong visual curb appeal and bringing new life to this corner retail space.