Specialty Bar at PPG Paints Arena
DLA+ provided interior design services for the Pittsburgh Penguins and design-build partner PJ Dick on the renovation of an existing space at CONSOL Energy Center newly named PPG Paints Arena. The renovation consisted of turning 1,500 SF of existing retail space into a specialty bar by opening the space more into the concourse of the second level of the arena.
- TOP PROJECTS
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls: Stuart Hall
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls: Earle Hall
- Pennsylvania State University East Halls: Martin Hall
- Giant Eagle Market District at Grandview Yards
- The Residences Pittsburgh at 3 PNC Private Residence 2
- PennWest Clarion University Tippin Gymnasium & Natatorium Renovation
- Penn State Bryce Jordan Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- Petersen Sports Complex Addition
- Petersen Events Center Basketball Suite Renovations
- Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA)
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- PJ Dick
- Interior Design
- Completion Date
- Project Size
- 1,500 SF
Project Challenges and Outcomes
The concept for the bar is to give fans a high-end experience while incorporating elements of the arena in keeping with the original building design.
The bar design was achieved by opening the space into the lower bowl concourse of the arena. The result was a revenue generating space with high-gloss finishes, a unique use of lighting with team logos that are backlit, lighted shelving for spirits, and glass to create a transparency and openness while reflecting the quality of the ice playing surface. Additionally, the new specialty bar provided a sponsorship opportunity and yet another source of revenue.