table by Market District
Pittsburgh-based supermarket chain Giant Eagle Inc. hired DLA+ to provide architectural and interior design services for the new Market District grocery store in The Bridges development in Carmel, Indiana.
- TOP PROJECTS
- Energy Innovation Center
- Strip District Master Plan
- The Bentley
- Giant Eagle Market District at Grandview Yards
- District 15 Office Building
- Second Avenue Commons
- Washington Area Business Incubator
- Duquesne University Union Broadcast Center
- La Prima Espresso AC Marriott
- Laurel Mountain Retreat: Entertainment Barn
- Architect of Record
- DLA+ Architecture & Interior Design
- Giant Eagle / AETOS Construction Company
- Interior Design
- Construction Administration
- Completion Date
Project Challenges and Outcomes
The task was to design a restaurant that could function as a standalone, full-service restaurant within Giant Eagle Market District’s flagship grocery store in Indiana. The store, which would need to adhere to strict aesthetic and zoning guidelines, was to be an anchor in a new development, The Bridges, in the affluent neighborhood of Carmel. A restaurant within the store was a fairly new concept at the time and would need to offer a special, enhanced consumer experience to stand out in a busy supermarket environment.
Design of the Market District facade was inspired by prairie style architecture in accordance with the landscape and aesthetic of the community. The full-service restaurant includes a bar area, open kitchen, and outdoor seating area with fire pit feature.